All pensioners must present a Certificate of Life in November of each year to continue receiving the pension. SBI pension account holders can present their life certificate or Jeevan Praman Patra at their bank branches or online in late December. There are at least four ways to present life certificates for pensioners: manual presentation, digital presentation at the SBI branch, online through the UMANG application or generate life certificate by visiting the Citizen Service Centers (CSC) or Aadhaar Seva Kendra distributed in different parts of the country.
Recently, the bank launched a website dedicated to retirees called SBI Pension Seva. This is a website where SBI retirees can log in and check their pension details instantly.
The services available on this website include:
- Overdue spreadsheets download
- Download Pension Ballot / Form 16
- Pension profile details
- Investment-related details
- Life certificate status
- Transaction details
- Extended benefits for pensioners
- SMS alert on mobile phone with pension payment details.
- Pension ticket via email / pension payment branch.
- Facility to present life certificate at any branch of the State Bank of India.
- Jeevan Pramaan facility available in branches.
- Senior Savings Plan (SCSS)
- Provision of the EPPO for Defense / Rail / CPAO / Rajasthan retirees
How to register SBI Pension Seva
- Go to SBI Pension Seva Website
- Create a user ID
- Now, enter your pension account number
- Enter your date of birth
- Enter the branch code of the branch that pays the pension
- Registered email ID same as the one sent to the branch
- Enter a new password, then confirm the password
Until now, the deadline for submission has always been November 30, but this year in light of the Coronavirus pandemic, the Center has decided to give retirees an additional window to submit their Jeevan Pramaan Patra.
Also Read | Apple advertises new Mac Mini by Apple M1 chip